Welcome to Chevron Federal Credit Union (CFCU). Since 1935, the Credit Union has grown in financial strength and soundness. Our commitment to members' needs has resulted in more than 78 years of success. At the Credit Union, we emphasize timely, accurate, and courteous service because we know how important that is to you.
Chevron Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution dedicated to improving the economic conditions of its members by:
- Providing a safe place to save and borrow at competitive rates;
- Being service-oriented and member focused;
- Providing a broad range of products and services;
- Treating all members fairly;
- Valuing the diversity of our members and employees; and
- Conducting business for the welfare of all our members.
We will be our members' lifelong partner in achieving their financial success.
You're an Owner
When you deposit money into a credit union savings account, you become a member and an owner. While other financial institutions pay profits to outside stockholders, credit unions return their net earnings to their own member-owners through high dividends (interest) on savings and low rates on loans.
The Board of Directors sets policy while various committees provide guidance to the Credit Union's professional staff and oversee all aspects of the Credit Union's operations. These unpaid volunteers have a personal interest in the Credit Union's success because they are member-owners just like you.
It's a Private, Not-for-Profit Institution
Credit unions are government-chartered to serve specific, restricted groups of people based on some common bond. Services are typically custom-designed to meet the specialized needs of the field of membership. CFCU's Field of Membership is:
- Employees of Chevron Corporation, its wholly-owned subsidiaries and select affiliates worldwide, and their immediate family members
- Employees of the Law Offices of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and their immediate family members
- Chevron branded jobbers and dealers, federal lubricant marketers (jobbers), and their employees and immediate family members
- Chevron Corporation Retirees (including retirees from Unocal 76, Texaco Corporation and any other Chevron merger company) and their immediate family members
- Select contractors of Chevron Corporation, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Western Refining, and Aramco Services Company (please contact us to confirm membership eligibility), and their immediate family members
- Family of CFCU members — parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, spouse or domestic partner, siblings — even roommates or unrelated persons who live with you and share your household expenses
- San Francisco persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in, the Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Chinatown, Financial District, Western Addition, South of Market, Potrero Hill, The Panhandle, The Mission, Bernal Heights, Bayview, Hunters Point, Portola, or Visitacion Valley neighborhoods (please contact us to confirm membership eligibility)
- Maryland persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in, Frederick, Thurmont, Woodsboro, Emmitsburg, or surrounding Frederick County areas (please contact us to confirm membership eligibility)
- Members of the Contra Costa County Historical Society and Navy League of the United States, West Contra Costa, CA, Bakersfield, CA, El Paso, TX, and Honolulu, HI Councils
Once you join CFCU, you're a member for life.
A Credit Union Provides High Quality and Affordable Financial Services
Credit unions are cooperative organizations that began in Europe to combat the then-common practice of the wealthy lending money at high rates of interest to those less fortunate. People banded together in protest and started to pool their available money and lend it, at reasonable rates, to their peers in need. "People helping people" is the basic premise of credit unions — then and now.
Most large credit unions provide a full range of services that are equal to or better than those at other financial institutions. Credit unions typically have lower loan rates, pay higher dividends, and often have low or no fees. These are just some of the benefits of being a member of CFCU.
Service is Personal
With branches in four states, our knowledgeable and friendly staff is ready to assist those members who prefer person-to-person service. Members who are not near a branch can rely on our Call Center Representatives, who take care of members all over the world by fax, telephone, and email.
Our Insurance is the Safest Around
Funds on deposit at CFCU are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. The NCUA has stronger backing per dollar than either of its counterparts, the FDIC (insuring banks) and FSLIC (insuring savings and loans). Nothing in life is certain, but it's nice to know that your money has the strongest protection available.