Expatriate Program

Chevron Federal Credit Union offers expatriate employees working in the U.S. a range of financial products and services. Many of our services are available without a Social Security number or ITN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).

CFCU Membership Application for Chevron Expatriates



Membership Benefits

Foreign Nationals who will be working for Chevron in the U.S. may apply for CFCU membership prior to arrival in the U.S., or at any time after arriving.

To open an account with the Credit Union, you will need:

  • A copy of your passport,
  • A copy of the front and back of your Chevron badge and/or a copy of your Letter of Assignment or Letter of Introduction,
  • CFCU Membership Application and Agreement,
  • IRS form W-8 BEN,
  • BSA form questionnaire, and
  • A minimum $25 opening deposit ($50 for joint accounts).


Click here for instructions on how to complete IRS form W-8 BEN.

Please be advised that the CFCU membership application must be signed in ink and cannot be submitted by fax or email. CFCU will only accept original applications. If you are mailing your membership packet from overseas, we recommend that you send it by tractable courier service.

Supplementary restrictions apply for foreign memberships and may supersede CFCU field-of-membership rules.


Deposit Programs

CFCU offers FREE Checking and Savings accounts to meet the needs of Chevron expatriates working in the U.S.


FREE Checking Account

  • No Social Security number or ITIN required for Chevron expatriates
  • FREE ATM/Debit Card, box of checks, and online check images
  • UNLIMITED check writing abilities


FREE Savings Accounts

  • No Social Security number or ITIN required for Chevron expatriates
  • Earn highly competitive dividends on our MarketEdge (money market) accounts



Foreign National Loan Program

CFCU offers select personal and auto loans to Chevron expatriates working in the U.S.


If you are interested in obtaining Consumer or Auto Loans with Chevron Federal Credit Union, we require the following documentation:

  • CFCU Membership Application - We will make the initial $25 opening deposit required to establish membership.
  • Letter of Introduction/Assignment - You must provide an introduction letter stating your repatriation date, the division of the company you are currently on assignment for, and the name and phone number of the Human Resources counselor assigned to you.
  • Proof of Income and Statement Letter - You must provide documentation that Chevron will cover your living expenses. Proof of income can be a copy of your pay company other than Chevron Corporation.
  • Completed Personal Reference Form - You can obtain this form from any CFCU branch or download it here.



Applications Accepted Prior to Arrival in the U.S.

Foreign Nationals coming to work for Chevron in the U.S. may apply for the following loans through CFCU during the six months prior to arriving in the U.S.

CFCU loan products can be approved before you arrive in the U.S., and repayment can begin prior to arrival to establish U.S. credit. (Credit records can only be established for those members with an ITIN or Social Security number.)

Expatriates cannot have more than $25,000 in unsecured debt.


1. Unsecured Line of Credit (LOC) with Optional Debit Card

  • Use your revolving Line of Credit and Visa® credit card to make daily purchases and travel reservations, pay upfront relocation expenses, and get cash.
  • Comes with a great rate plus many extra features and benefits


2. Share-Secured Line of Credit (LOC)

  • Build credit history
  • Borrow money against your Share accounts
  • Make a large purchase without depleting your accounts

Funds totaling 110% of the loan will be held until the loan is repaid. Loan amounts range from $500 to $100,000 with a minimum monthly payment of $25. Your initial rate will be determined by the percentage of shares being used as the credit limit and will adjust monthly thereafter.


3. Personal Loan

  • Issued as one loan (instead of as a revolving line of credit)
  • Personal loans can be used to make large, one-time purchases and have a fixed rate, which can be paid over the term of your assignment

To apply for a line of credit or loan, click here to enter the secure Consumer Loan Application.

If you have any questions about the loan application, please call 510-627-5000 or 800-232-8101.



Applications Accepted Upon Arrival in the U.S. 

Applications for the following products can be approved once a permanent U.S. address has been established and will only be issued upon arrival.

1. Credit Cards

  • No Social Security Number or ITIN required for Chevron expatriates
  • Visa Cash Rewards or Visa Platinum card available

Stop by your local branch or give us a call at 510-627-5000 or 800-232-8101 to request a Foreign National Credit Card Application.



Other Services


Electronic Services

  • FREE PC Access Online Banking
  • FREE Direct Deposit
  • FREE Internal Account Transfers
  • FREE Electronic Statements and Account Notices
  • FREE Domestic Bill Payer Service
  • Low-Cost Domestic and International Wire/Money Transfers



Financial Education

We can provide one-on-one counseling regarding U.S. banking systems and financial services.



Auto & Home Insurance


Liberty Mutual (all locations except Texas)

  • Liberty Mutual will credit expatriates for non-U.S. driving experience, thereby avoiding the high rates often charged to new U.S. drivers
  • Expatriates must provide a valid U.S. driver's license and a letter, in English, from his/her previous insurance company (in the home country) stating a clean driving record for the past three years, as well as the total number of years of driving experience
  • Pay your premium automatically with a monthly deduction from your CFCU accounts

For a free quote from Liberty Mutual, please call Dave Fabucci at 800-439-0455, extension 58339.


Farmers Insurance through The Host Insurance Group (Texas only)

  • Overseas driving experience taken into consideration to provide you with the best rates
  • Pay your premium automatically with a monthly deduction from your CFCU accounts
  • Choose from six or 12 month policies, with worldwide liability coverage included
  • A Social Security number or U.S. driver's license is not required to secure insurance

Click here or call 281-342-3276 to sign up.




For more information on CFCU and our expatriate services, please speak with your Assignee Counselor, visit your local CFCU branch, email us, or call us at 510-627-5000 or 800-232-8101.

Facing Financial Hardships? We Can Help.

Read More