The Chevron Federal Credit Union checking account offers free ATM transactions, no per-check charges or monthly fees, and above-market dividends whenever your balance exceeds $500.
- Earn dividends, which are compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Enjoy the option of setting up Overdraft Protection using your Savings, MarketEdge Account, or Unsecured Line of Credit.
- Receive quarterly account statements.
Checking accounts can be designated as the following types of accounts:
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA), basically a custodial account
- Trust accounts
Only $25 is needed to open a Checking account, but there is no minimum balance required to maintain the account. Dividends are paid on balances of $500 or more.
Withdrawal & Transfer Options
- Up to $500 per day at CFCU ATMs and other participating network ATMs
- Custom or traditional personalized checks
- Bill Payer
- Transfer via PC Access, Mobile Banking, or Telephone Access
- Wire Transfer
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Withdrawals by Mail
- In person at CO-OP Shared Branches
- Debit/ATM Card
- Introducing V.me by VISA®
Checking Health Savings Account (HSA)
CFCU's Checking HSA is available to members who have a high deductible health plan (HDHP).
Visit the IRA and HSA Center to learn more.
New Solutions Checking Account
The New Solutions Checking account can provide you a second chance at having a Checking account and is a great way to rebuild your credit history. Additionally, it comes with helpful, educational material through inBalance® to help you manage your account effectively. For only a small monthly fee, the New Solutions Checking account is a cost-effective alternative to paying high processing fees to check cashing companies. The best part is that the New Solutions Checking account will convert to our regular Checking account after only 12 months of positive activity!*
- No minimum balance required.
- FREE ATM card, Online Banking, Bill Payer, and eStatements.
- UNLIMITED check writing, a FREE box of checks, and FREE online check images.
- Account converts to a regular Checking account after 12 months of satisfactory activity.
- All this and much more for only $5 per month* (charged at statement cycle).
*Other restrictions apply. Please speak with a Member Services Representative for further details.
CFCU offers two methods of depositing paper checks remotely.
Before you get started, be sure to sign the back of your check and write "For Mobile Deposit" beneath your signature.
eDeposits are usually credited to your account immediately, though deposits may be delayed if made during periods of system maintenance.
To make an eDeposit through our Mobile Banking app, tap Deposit Checks, then select the account you want to deposit the check into and enter the check amount.
Take a photo of the front of the check, then the back of the check, and submit.
To make an eDeposit through Online Banking, scan or take pictures of the front and back of your check and save the images to your computer.
iPad®, iPhone® and the App Store ® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
Log in to Online Banking and click on the Additional Services tab, then the eDeposit link. Select the deposit account, add the deposit amount, upload your check images, and submit.