The Chevron Federal Credit Union checking account offers free ATM transactions, no per-check charges or monthly fees, and above-market dividends whenever your balance exceeds $500.
- Earn dividends, which are compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Enjoy the option of setting up Overdraft Protection using your Savings, MarketEdge Account, or Unsecured Line of Credit.
- Receive quarterly account statements.
Checking accounts can be designated as the following types of accounts:
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA), basically a custodial account
- Trust accounts
Only $25 is needed to open a Checking account, but there is no minimum balance required to maintain the account. Dividends are paid on balances of $500 or more.
Withdrawal & Transfer Options
- Up to $500 per day at CFCU ATMs and other participating network ATMs
- Custom or traditional personalized checks
- Bill Payer
- Transfer via PC Access, Mobile Banking, or Telephone Access
- Wire Transfer
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Withdrawals by Mail
- In person at CO-OP Shared Branches
- Debit/ATM Card
- Introducing V.me by VISA®
Checking Health Savings Account (HSA)
CFCU's Checking HSA is available to members who have a high deductible health plan (HDHP).
Visit the IRA and HSA Center to learn more.
New Solutions Checking Account
The New Solutions Checking account can provide you a second chance at having a Checking account and is a great way to rebuild your credit history. Additionally, it comes with helpful, educational material through inBalance® to help you manage your account effectively. For only a small monthly fee, the New Solutions Checking account is a cost-effective alternative to paying high processing fees to check cashing companies. The best part is that the New Solutions Checking account will convert to our regular Checking account after only 12 months of positive activity!*
- No minimum balance required.
- FREE ATM card, PC Access online banking, Bill Payer, and eStatements.
- UNLIMITED check writing, a FREE box of checks, and FREE online check images.
- Account converts to a regular Checking account after 12 months of satisfactory activity.
- All this and much more for only $5 per month* (charged at statement cycle).
*Other restrictions apply. Please speak with a Member Services Representative for further details.
Remote Check Deposits
CFCU offers two methods of depositing paper checks remotely: eDeposit and Mobile Deposit.
To access eDeposit, log in to PC Access from chevronfcu.org and click on the "Additional Services" tab, then the "eDeposit" link. Follow the directions to scan the front and back of your check (or upload check images) and submit. You can print a receipt of your deposit.
eDeposits are usually credited to your account immediately, though deposits may be delayed if made during periods of system maintenance.
To use the Mobile Deposit service, download the CFCU Mobile Banking iPhone or Android app from the App Store. When you open the App, hit "Deposit Checks," then select the account you want to deposit the check into and enter the check amount.
Take a photo of the front of the check, then the back of the check, and hit "Submit." You can choose to receive an email confirmation of your deposit.
Mobile Deposits made before 3 p.m. Pacific Time on a regular business day will be credited to your account after 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time that day. Otherwise, your deposit will be credited to your account after 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time the next business day.
iPad®, iPhone® and the App Store ® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.