Thank you for your interest in joining Chevron Federal Credit Union!
As a credit union, CFCU is a federally chartered not-for-profit financial institution that is owned by its members. Each member owns a Share in the Credit Union secured by an initial deposit of $25 ($50 for joint memberships).
Our federal charter limits our Field of Membership to groups of people with common bonds, such as an employer, location, or non-profit association.
CFCU's field of membership includes:*
- Employees of Chevron Corporation, its wholly-owned subsidiaries and select affiliates worldwide, and their immediate family members
- Employees of the Law Offices of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and their immediate family members
- Chevron branded jobbers and dealers, federal lubricant marketers (jobbers), and their employees and immediate family members
- Chevron Corporation retirees (including retirees from Unocal Corporation, Texaco Inc., and any other Chevron merger company) and their immediate family members
- Select contractors of Chevron Corporation, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Western Refining, and Aramco Services Company (please contact us to confirm membership eligibility), and their immediate family members
- Employees of Stewart Title Guaranty Company and their immediate family members
- Family of CFCU members — parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, spouse or domestic partner, siblings — even roommates or unrelated persons who live with you and share your household expenses
- San Francisco persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in, the Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Chinatown, Financial District, Western Addition, South of Market, Potrero
Hill, The Panhandle, The Mission, Bernal Heights, Bayview, Hunters Point, Portola, or Visitacion Valley neighborhoods (please contact us to confirm membership eligibility) - select "Underserved" as your eligibility in the online membership
- Maryland persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in, Frederick, Thurmont, Woodsboro, Emmitsburg, or surrounding Frederick County areas (please contact us to confirm membership
eligibility) - select "Underserved" as your eligibility in the online membership application
- Members of the select, partner non-profit associations*
*If you do not fall within our regular field of membership, you can join one of our partner non-profit associations to become eligible for CFCU membership. To learn more, please stop by any CFCU branch or call us at 510-627-5000 or 800-232-8101.
Apply for Membership Today!
Important Information About Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- Social Security Number
- Current U.S. Passport, State ID, or Driver's License
- Email Address
- Employment Information
You will be able to fund your account using one of the following options:
- ACH from another domestic financial institution (up to $550) – You will need the routing number and account number.
- Transfer from an existing CFCU account – You will need the account number.
- Mail a check payable to Chevron Federal Credit Union.